GET READY FOR YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CAREER
Hallam Truck Centre and Bayswater Truck Centre's four-year apprenticeship programs combine specialised on the job training and learning with industry leading professionals at our state-of-the-art facilities.
Learn more about the range of apprenticeship programs currently available at our dealerships, including our highly regarded Heavy Vehicle Diesel Technician Apprenticeship below and apply online today.
TWO CONVENIENT LOCATIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
Boasting the latest state-of-the-art facilities and technology, our dealerships are well placed to serve your growth and development into a qualified technician.
BIG RIGS, EVEN BIGGER CAREERS
Hear what our previous graduates have to say
James Alexander | 2012 Graduating Apprentice
Current position: Workshop Foreman
The opportunities for growth are endless. I started my apprenticeship in 2008 and always enjoyed working on Kenworth and DAF trucks. Not a single day is the same - whether its vehicle diagnosis, engine rebuilds, mechanical systems or PTO and hydraulic systems, it's interesting and fulfilling work. I've had extensive training and development opportunities over my years here, and I can confidently say it has set me up for success in my current role.
Grant Brown | 2021 Graduating Apprentice
Current position: Heavy Vehicle Diesel Technician
I have been fortunate enough and very grateful to have completed my trade apprenticeship at Bayswater Truck Centre. The workshop is full of opportunity to learn. I have always been surrounded by very knowledgeable and skilled teammates who have supported me immensely along the way. The workshop offers heaps of manufacturer training to keep you up to date with the latest technology, as well as exposure to customers in a wide range of industries to be able to put those skills to work. My experience at Bayswater Truck Centre has set me up for success where I have heaps of confidence in my work, and I look forward to sharing that knowledge with future apprentices that join our team.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR APPRENTICESHIP
Here's what we offer
- Market leading wages and tool allowance.
- Supplied and laundered uniform and PPE.
- The opportunity to work with premium brands and the latest technologies.
- Mentoring by highly skilled trades people working within modern facilities.
- Be a part of the CMV Group of Companies and the PACCAR dealer network.
- Product training provided direct from industry-leading manufacturers like Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Dana, Kenworth, DAF and more.
- Opportunity to compete in PACCAR's national program for Technician of the Year.
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend CMV Group's Annual Staff Dinner held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Annual Christmas hamper with a range of local Australian goods kindly gifted from the CMV Group to you and your family.
- Annual performance reviews.
- Team lunches and morning teas.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THESE ROLES
Here's what you need
- Successfully completed year 11 and / or automotive VET studies.
- The desire to become an expert in your field and work with market leading brands.
- Strong attention to detail, with a can-do attitude where you strive to work hard and deliver on the promises we make to our customers and colleagues.
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and ask questions to strive for continual improvement.
- Mechanical aptitude desirable, but not essential.
- Current drivers' license.
JOIN HALLAM & BAYSWATER TRUCK CENTRES APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
How to apply
We are seeking applicants for our next generation of apprentices to join our team of highly skilled and trained technicians and electricians. If you enjoy problem solving and working with powerful engines, then we encourage you to apply today for your opportunity to learn to repair and overhaul a wide variety of componentry including Cummins engines, DAF engines, Eaton 18 speed transmissions, Meritor and Dana differentials and the latest on-board electronics.
To be considered in our next apprentice intake, please complete the enquiry form below to submit your covering letter and CV.